Mothers continually amaze me

One thing all human beings have in common is that we have a mother.  The mothers I've known in my 71 years are pretty amazing people who have accomplished phenomenal stuff, often with few resources at their disposal. My own mom, who died in 1994, significantly impacted me.  I certainly appreciate her more now than I ever did when she was living.
"The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world" is an old saying that bears some reflection in these challenging times.
I'm just floored by what the mothers I know are accomplishing these days in their homes, workplaces and communities.
Raising preschool/schoolage  children at home while maintaining  a job, holding regular Zoom meetings, managing a household , getting food on the table  keeping up on "what's going on"and dealing with the anxiety of the Pandemic's effects on the family taken together is a monumental set of tasks.

This generation of children will fare well due to the love, hard work, grit, and focus of the mothers I've observed in the spring of 2020--the COVID 19 Pandemic Year.

Spouses, significant others, family and friends of mothers would do well to reflect on what
 moms are doing for the good of the kids (and ultimately for the good of all of us!)

So, find a mom this week and give her a hug....appreciate her.
(In light of our current situation, a VIRTUAL hug is acceptable.)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LISTENING TO THE QUIET AT 75

WAR: What is it good for?

I'VE LOOKED AT LIFE FROM BOTH SIDES NOW